Thursday, March 1, 2007

Rain on my window



It's raining outside the window.. like my soul pours through my eyes..

I wish im sitting in a bus.. or a glass house cafe.. plugged in to my favourite jazz tunes..
Ella Fitzgerald.. Louis Armstrong.. Frank Sinatra.. Nat King Cole..
The tune I wanna hear.. "Chestnut Roasting on the open fire"
Would it spread the warmth of love and acceptance.. Maybe towards myself..

I think of my friends.. my bubs, My goodies.. My bestie...
Fondly remembering the good times shared amongst us..
I think of past loves.. Wondering if the rain could put out all fire that once filled our souls.
I walk in the rain alone.. Plugged in my tunes.. I sing along to myself..

I miss the rainy days in Perth.. At least it offered better views..
The wet fir trees in the park.. a drive along the road.. or getting caught in the rain itself.
Memories soo endearing.. Even when the chilly breeze hits your face..
you could feel warmth spreading through your cheeks..
giving that slight rosy glow.. and soon you can't feel your face..
I'd settle for a cuppa tea.. and Macdonald's cookies.. the fragrances..

I remember getting caught in the rain once with eunice.. We had huge bags of groceries..
Couldnt get anyone to pick us up.. We walked home from Livingston.. The road back in was torturous.. We wondered out loud why no one stops to give us a lift.. Maybe because we were soaked through!! We hid from one garage to another.. And walked on through the rain.. The raindroped slapped our faces hard.. our jeans grew heavier carrying the weight of the water.. The grocery bags were heavy.. We laughed annd we cried.. but our tears just mingled with the rain.. and we were FREEZING while the boys stayed at home warm...

Still I loved the rain.. I think it cleanses my soul.

No comments: